Good morning darlings,
While reflecting about my optimal wellbeing, I decided that on a scale of 1 to 10, overall I feel I am at an 8. Physically, I feel that I am pretty healthy! I go to work super early and get off in the afternoon, so I make sure that I just head straight to the gym rather than going home. It ensures that no matter what I am putting myself inside that gym and I will do some sort of physical activity to break a sweat and relieve some stress. On a scale of 1 to 10 for my physical wellbeing, I am at an 8. As far as my spiritual wellbeing, I could be right in the middle at a 5 due to I feel as though I am not very spiritual. Although I do reflect a lot on life and try to make sense of events that take place, I feel as though I can be more spiritual. My psychological well-being could be rated at around a 7. I feel as though I am still young and coming into my own and with my new job where I am doing more than I ever have, I feel as though I have a lot more responsibility. So I feel that as time goes on I will become independent and psychologically healthy.
- Physical goal
- to attend the gym Monday-Friday after work
- Bring a bag of work out clothes to work with me and change into my work-out clothes before driving to the gym
- Spiritual goal
- to reflect about my day
- At night while relaxing, I will find time to write within a blog or journal about my day
- Psychological goal
- to be more independent
- Do more activities by myself or with others besides my husband
I hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did as it was relaxing!
Michelle at the risk of seeming too in tune with any homosexual tendencies I may have had I must say that guy had the most relaxing voice I have ever heard.
ReplyDeleteMichelle,
ReplyDeleteI think it's great you go to the gym after work. I've found that if I go home in between work and the gym, I am Waaaay less likely to actually go to the gym. It seems like your system is a good one :) I also seem to have a similar problem as you in that I do a lot of things with my husband. I have found in past relationships though that spending too much time with the man doesn't make the time you are together as special. Sometimes time apart is a blessing c(: Even if it's just getting coffee in the morning with a girlfriend to catch up on the week's events! Good luck in all of your goals Michelle!
We tend to think too much rather just letting go of our thoughts. I refer to my spirituality as feelings of being connected within myself to some kind of universal energy that speaks to my soul via calmness. It immediately makes me feel loved and one with everything that exist in nature and the universe. I have no worries, no wondering thoughts and I am at peace in these states of total surrender. Mind up, it takes lots of practice and small steps to reach this point but it will be worth it so continue to practice. To me it’s more about letting go of you and becoming one with nature. There have been times, when I ran on the treadmill that I escaped and floated away. This experience happens to me all the time while doing yoga, hiking and even walking. When I allow myself to drift-off into the moment is exceed my physical dimension.
ReplyDeleteHi Michelle, It sounds as if you are doing very well with your new job and getting into a nice routine with going to the gym right after work. I agree that by taking your work out clothes and changing into them before leaving work is a great idea and you will be more apt to stop at the gym . It is so easy to get side tracked and then before you know it things come up and you have a missed workout. I always do at least 1 thing everyday that gets me moving- treadmill, bike, walk, and I find it keeps me on track to follow a good diet and keeps me motivated.
ReplyDeleteSue
Hello Michelle,
ReplyDeletethe exercise is very hard for me to get into, I am really surprised that you enjoyed it. It was nerve-racking trying to follow the directions and finally get to some point a relaxation for me. I am glad that you get to relax go girl.
Janice
Michelle,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the relaxation exercise. I really enjoyed it but as I begin to feel calmness and peace the instructor would start talking again. There were times when I felt like I was in another place. I would really like to incorporate relaxation exercises and techniques into my daily life. I desperately need to focus on having more calmness in my life and I think these techniques are a good start. Take care, Tiffany Stein