Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Buff Mind

 
Hello Darlings,
    Well I did the exercises for unit four about love and kindess and to be completely honest I did not care for it too much.  I suppose my mind was a bit distracted and I have so much love for so many people.  I would think of one person or one animal and go back and forth.  I might have to blame my distractedness from just getting home from the gym and having a lot of energy.  Near the end of the exercise where it suggests thinking of others you love and take suffering away from them was very  nice and made me think of all of my friends and family who are suffering from big or little things.  I want them to be happy and full of love and life.  I would reccommened this exercise for someone who has an overwhelming feeling of love and finding ways to contain it and control it.  It certainly made me think of others and how others are feeling rather than the feelings I have now which made me happy.
   Mental workouts are very important for everyone!  Visualization or mental imagery can be a mental work out and let me tell you all that I am working out my mind everyday.  Everyday due to lack of sleep or running around at work, during a break or a slow time of the day I tend to "space out" and think of all sorts of happy, light hearted things to make me feel better.  I often chuckle to myself afterwards outloud and don't realize that people are around me and are probably wondering why my mind is so buff.  :)  Although they say "spacing out" isn't good, I believe it is a part of a mental work out and can help foster psychological health.
Hope you all have a fantastic week!  Thanks a latter for reading. ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment