Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What I Have Learned

Hello Darlings,
This term has been a bit crazy, I have to admit. With adjusting to my husband coming home, starting a new job, and embracing the holidays it has been a bit overwhelming. This course couldn't have came at a more perfect time to help with all of the stress and anxiety that has been placed on my table. The exercises that we were to perform at home have been beneficial, although a lot of them wear my out due to my exhaustion from waking up at 4:30am to go to work and the added stress of the holidays. My husband and I have had plans every weekend since July! Although I am very grateful for the many friends and trips we have taken to see them, I'd honestly love a weekend where we just sat on the couch and watched movies all day long.
The two exercises that were the most beenficial were the Loving Kindness exercise and the Subtle Mind. It warms my heart when thinking of someone that I love and with most exercises my mind always focuses on love. Even when my mind wanders, it is typcially about love. What can I say? I love, love.
Just recently I have had some minor health problems due to anxiety and stress. I experienced my first-what seemed to be similar to a panic attack-when I was 18 years old on the day of graduation. I was sweaty-palmed and light-headed for no reason! I was excited, but nervousness took over and I suddenly became anxious. This has occurred many times since then and I refuse to medicate myself for these symptoms. I believe turning to meditation or breathing techniques can help me and so far they have. My husband has been a huge support too and is always there when I experience these mini-anxiety attacks. They are nothing serious like what I have heard or read, but they are to the point where I become light-headed and sometimes pass out. The husband will talk to me and give me images to think of or distracts me with a story or joke, which always seems to help. I'm so happy to have him.
So with all of that, I have work to do and I am so thankful for these courses that teach me ways to deal with certain emotions such as stress.

Take care ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you have found a way to deal with your anxiety without medication. Sometimes medications give more bad effects. It is good that your husband is there to support you. I like the loving-kindness too. Love makes me feel so good inside and I tend to perform better.

    ReplyDelete